Saturday, August 12, 2006

Lookee what I got!

The box is still unopened - just got back from buying it. I'm excited! The demo was great - it's been a while since I've been this excited about a first person shooter.

I was really tempted to buy the special edition DVD because, well, it's on DVD, and because you get two figurines with it. But, I didn't want them badly enough to justify the extra $10. Although, it would have been nice having it on DVD. I hate swapping through ... [opens box to see how many CDs are there] ... three CDs to install a game. Hmm. Actually, that's not as bad as I thought it would be. F.E.A.R. came on five or six CDs! Still, the DVD would be nice.

3 comments:

Robert said...

UT2k4 was six CDs. The complete Battlefield 1942 was eight or nine. Heck, the latest Chessmaster was two, and even that's too many. DVD-only for me from now on!

Robert said...

Was UT2k4 six? Or only 4? I'm not sitting in the same room with the package.

Terry said...

Yea, something like that. I think it is six. I bought the DVD special edition when it first came out.